Close Brothers enters futures business

London-based investment bank Close Brothers has taken a 49.9% stake in Mako Global, a market-maker in exchange-traded derivatives. Mako specialises in the global fixed-income option and European equity index option markets. Neither side revealed the size of the payment, which leaves Mako's founders and employees with a 50.1% majority holding. Close will also provide a further capital injection "to fund future growth", Mako says.

The move comes as derivatives exchanges around the world report

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Risk.net account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an indvidual account here: