Bondholder relief at HSBC’s Household acquisition



Holders of bonds in US lending company Household International breathed a sigh of relief in November when the company’s planned acquisition by UK bank HSBC was announced.

The day before the deal was announced, November 13, the average spread on Household International closed at 486bp; the next day they had come in 200bp, ending the day at 285bp. Although Household claimed it had reached agreements with more than 80% of state attorney generals, investors were still worried about the other 20% and

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to View our subscription options

If you already have an account, please sign in here.

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here