Rates market participants face the prospect of a split in how various instruments respond to Libor’s death, after a consultation of swaps users endorsed one approach to establishing a fallback rate, while US bond and loan markets appear to be heading in a different direction.
Any divergence would introduce basis risks between product sets that currently use identical benchmarks, making existing hedges less reliable.
“There’s lot of specificities about the floating rate note [FRN] and
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC