Market participants will be able to use Eonia in collateral agreements covering euro swaps struck after the rate is barred for use in new contracts from 2020, a European regulator has confirmed.
For euro interest rate swaps collateralised with cash, collateral agreements currently specify that the interest paid on posted margin should reference Eonia. Some swaps users were concerned that the EU Benchmarks Regulation’s (BMR) bar on the use of Eonia in new contracts from 2020 would catch these so
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights