The Libor administrator plans to cull certain settings of the beleaguered benchmark after 2021 to make it easier for panel banks to keep it alive when they are no longer obliged to. And if Libor survives, one option would be to quote it as a spread between a bank’s borrowing rate and the alternative risk-free rate.
The Ice Benchmark Administration, which assumed responsibility for calculating Libor in 2014, publishes 35 Libor rates – across five currencies and seven tenors – every day, based on
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia