Exchange-traded bitcoin can provide a way for investors to gain exposure to the digital currency in a venue with regulatory oversight, according to a US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) commissioner.
“Although there will always be bad actors in the market willing to engage in manipulative or fraudulent practices, the launch of bitcoin futures provides investors an opportunity to trade bitcoin exposures in a regulated marketplace,” said commissioner Brian Quintenz in a speech at an
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants