Switzerland is known to take time-keeping seriously. But with the transition to a new overnight indexed swap (OIS) rate set for the end of the year, the local swap market is in danger of missing an important deadline.
From December 30, the current unsecured tomorrow/overnight index (Tois) fixing will be discontinued owing to a dwindling number of transactions and contributors. Before its secured replacement, the Swiss average rate overnight (Saron), can fully take over as the new OIS rate for
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules