Market participants fear moves by the Taiwanese regulator to further tighten rules around the sale of complex foreign exchange derivatives such as target redemption forwards (Tarfs) will hinder product innovation.
Taiwan's Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) has repeatedly strengthened oversight of complex forex derivatives since the renminbi unexpectedly stopped appreciating against the dollar at the start of 2014, threatening large losses for corporate investors in Tarfs.
The latest round
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay