March 11, 2016: Updated to clarify that swaptions compression has helped banks reduce their leverage ratio exposure by €3.5 billion.
BGC Partners-owned Capitalab's multilateral swaptions compression service has generated around €3.5 billion ($3.84 billion) of leverage exposure reductions for its bank clients over the past six months, according to the firm's co-founders.
London-based Capitalab, which has 24 bank clients, has compressed €1.3 trillion of euro, sterling and yen swaptions notional
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC