Click here to view the PDF of the article.
George Levy discusses the value of intraday storage/demand optionality in UK power contracts. The half-hourly power price is simulated via a power fundamental model that includes wind and photovoltaic (PV) generation. It is found that most of the value is generated during the winter months. In addition it is shown that for an import site with PV generation there is an optimum battery size.
As the amount of renewable energy available to the
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- First SOFR term rate coming in 2020