Click here to view the article.
Krzysztof Wolyniec presents a simple factor model to manage the uncertainty associated with volumetric risk in energy and commodity markets.
Commodity demand is uncertain, driven by consumption, which is an exogenous variable. As such, commodities, and in particular energy markets, contain significant levels of volumetric risk.
In financial markets, trade volumes do not have physical constraints and can match the demand as long as the risk-carrying capacity of
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay