The spread of capacity remuneration mechanisms (CRM) across Europe is causing concern among some power market participants, which fear the schemes will reduce the importance of the traded energy market and distort wholesale prices.
“We are very critical [of] capacity mechanisms,” says Daniela Zivadinovic, a spokesperson for Swiss utility Axpo. “We think that the establishment of a capacity mechanism is a regulatory intervention which most probably distorts energy markets and impacts electricity
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules