The proliferation of renewable portfolio standards (RPSs) in states across the US has created a market for trading in renewable energy credits (RECs). However, a lack of uniformity in RPS design means this is a highly fragmented market, with those involved in the sector struggling to trade across state lines.
A federally mandated RPS could tie all of these disparate state markets together. Although a nationwide standard is still some way off, any clues as to how such a scheme might be structured
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules