With its leading position in the Singapore dollar debt markets it is unsurprising that DBS holds a self-proclaimed "dominant" share of the related interest rate swap sector. But for Thio Tse Chong, managing director of treasury and markets at DBS in Singapore, the bank's leading position in its home market is so entrenched it can at times be problematic.
But while Thio says a less lopsided market with 10 or so players holding a roughly equal market share would be beneficial in terms of liquidity
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay