The meteoric rise of the Nikkei 225 this year, up more than 60% so far making it the best performing market globally, has catalysed the Asia equity derivatives sector: total volumes are up 30%, driven by Japan. Market participants estimate total equity derivative products sales for 2013 will be almost $500 billion notional, with warrants making up half this figure.
Japan's uridashi market is typical of Asia's revived appetite for equity-linked products: total 2013 volumes are expected to reach
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia