The Cheyne Convertibles Absolute Return Fund aims to generate long-term absolute capital appreciation by investing in global convertible bonds. The fund uses effective hedge overlays to generate absolute returns targeted to be net cash plus 8%-10% return a year with 6%-8% volatility.
While the fund strategy uses selective unhedged convertibles offering attractive risk-reward profiles, the fund can also hedge equity and credit. In the hedged portion of the portfolio, the fund managers seek to
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules