Regulation is changing the way banks and insurance companies think about their business. The finalisation of Basel III last month and the scheduled implementation of Solvency II in 2012 have made financial institutions more aware of funding, liquidity and capital usage. This has provided an opportunity for structured product providers to adapt their offerings to help insurers and smaller banks with asset and liability management (ALM) problems, and BNP Paribas is one of only a handful of banks
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?