Issuer: Government of Dubai
Size of deal: $1.25 billion
Date of issue: September 29, 2010
Tranche size: $500 million (2015); $750 million (2020)
Coupon: 6.7%; 7.75%
Spread: UST + 542.7bp; UST + 527bp
Dubai’s dual-tranche dollar transaction marked the return to prominence for the emirate after the resolution of the Dubai World crisis, which dented investor confidence at the end of 2009.
According to Abdul Rahman Al Saleh, director-general in the Dubai government’s finance department, the deal
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?