Diversification of risks is the fundamental principle of insurance and, with more than $2.2 trillion (£1.4 trillion) worth of global mortality risk exposure, the Reinsurance Group of America (RGA) is well placed to exploit the growing demand in the UK for longevity derisking.
In 2010, RGA’s London-based offshoot successfully concluded two longevity risk transfers, one with the UK arm of French insurer Axa and another with London-based Pension Insurance Corporation (PIC), worth more than £3
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay