Asset liability management (ALM) is not an easy task in benign economic times, but providing advice to insurers in the post-credit crunch world in the context of a Solvency II regulatory regime that changes on a regular basis is more challenging still. But for Eric Viet, London-based head of Société Générale’s insurance and pension fund solution unit, the ability to keeping up with developments is key to a strong ALM presence.
“The important thing is remaining ahead of the curve in Solvency II
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?