Qantas Airways has built a reputation for its ability to analyse several sources of risk on a collective basis and manage them according to a decade-old policy. This discipline has resulted in the Australian carrier steering clear of ‘cheap’ derivatives hedging strategies deployed by many of its peers in the region during the past 15 months. And as a consequence, Qantas is one of the few airlines to have achieved a net-neutral hedging exposure, while its competitors are still
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?