With 30 staff and 21 front-line brokers based in the Asia Pacific region, Icap Energy has expanded both its presence and revenues in Asian commodities in the past 18 months. Revenue was up almost 36% between the first half of 2008 and 2009, and up 11% for the second half of 2009 against that of 2008.
“Oil volumes dwindled at the height of the financial crisis, so I’m very pleased with our performance,” says Kevin Tan, managing director of Icap Energy, Singapore. “In an environment where some of
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts