Bookrunners: Citigroup, JPMorgan, Merrill Lynch
Vattenfall's EUR1 billion perpetual hybrid deal was a hot favourite among investors and quickly emerged as 2005's euro high-grade corporate bond deal of the year. It is the first-ever perpetual security from a Nordic issuer and achieved the highest equity treatment at the tightest spread ever.
Simon Surtees, head of credit research at Gartmore Asset Management in London, believes the deal had a discernible effect on the market.
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules