The Australian market is not renowned for its liking of highly structured derivatives products. But it is one of Asia's largest derivatives markets and has a substantial pool of pension assets. It is also highly active in terms of deal flow - notably in leveraged finance over the past year or so, until July at least. The market is also highly international, with many Australian companies active in developed markets such as the UK and US, as well as in Asia-Pacific. Moreover, Australia is
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants