Thai banks have made considerable progress over the past year in developing their onshore derivatives business. Simple currency options offered by some local banks have started to emerge over the year, and the market in Thai baht forwards and swaps has also grown significantly.
So far, Thai baht currency options are mainly offered by foreign banks with the options book hedged and risk managed through the offshore forwards market in Singapore. However, some banks, such as Bank Thai and Thai
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines