The sheer size and scope of Reliance Industries' business - spanning exploration and production of oil and natural gas, petroleum refining and plastic and textile manufacture - means the group has its work cut out managing risk. India's biggest private company also has large foreign-currency exposures, with exports representing about 60% of its turnover, and has raised 85% of its debt offshore.
But the company also has the largest and most sophisticated corporate treasury in India, if not Asia,
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia