Swedish family-owned conglomerate Stena is no stranger to risk, running operations in some of the sectors badly hit by the credit crisis fallout, such as shipping, real estate and offshore drilling. So far, it has weathered the storm of the financial crisis relatively smoothly.
While it operates in volatile sectors, and is pursuing a growth strategy based on debt leverage - a difficult combination in the current environment - Stena is highly diversified, both in terms of business and geographies
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines