With more than $80 billion worth of assets under management, the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTTP) has a well-earned reputation for being at the vanguard of pension fund risk management. Its average annualised return is around 11%, and it has made extensive use of derivatives ever since its creation in 1990. And while many other funds are only now considering an allocation to alternative investments, the OTPP has invested in hedge funds for a decade. It was around this time that the fund
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?