The UK life industry has taken a battering in recent years, and the introduction of new risk-based regulatory capital rules has proved challenging for many companies (Risk December 2004, page 50). However, Norwich Union, the UK arm of insurance group Aviva, has managed to stay ahead of the game. For world-leading capital and risk management in its life and pensions business, Norwich Union wins Risk’s first Insurance Company of the Year award.
Although Norwich Union today is a large, complex
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines