Catastrophe (cat) bond investors and issuers around the world are facing depressed deal levels after a series of natural disasters combined with the launch of a revised risk model in the second quarter of 2011. But industry experts are expecting issuance to revive in the fourth quarter of this year, as the need for hedging becomes a focus once more.
The cat bond markets had a good 2010. Issuance of the bonds, which transfer risks from reinsurance companies, which sponsor the deals, to investors
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules