After posting some of the most dramatic falls in 2008, activist hedge funds took advantage of the market recovery and lower investor tolerance to instigate change, producing strong returns in 2009 and 2010.
With markets significantly down in 2011, activists are back in the red. However, tighter bank lending and low equity valuations present a ripe opportunity for activists, particularly for those focusing on operational change.
Activist funds were among the hardest hit in 2008. The HFRX Activist
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?