It is not easy being a small fund. Attracting institutional investors is difficult if assets under management are under $100 million, even if the track record is outstanding.
Instead of bemoaning the fact, Adelante Asset Management set out to ensure the three funds it runs - Adelante Emerging Debt Fund (AEDF), Adelante Emerging Equity Fund (AEEF) and Adelante Exotic Debt Fund - are institution-friendly. AEDF and AEEF are now domiciled in Cayman, a jurisdiction investors are familiar with for
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules