Funds of hedge funds (FoHFs) outperformed hedge funds on an equal-weighted absolute basis over the last 12 months ending May 2015, returning 6.65% versus 5.84%. Measured over the last five years, hedge funds have outperformed FoHFs by approximately 2% per annum.
FoHFs saw net investor allocations during the first half of 2014, but outflows in the second half forced financial year 2014 flows to be approximately flat. Net redemptions continued into Q1 2015, with investors pulling approximately $16
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules