The maturation of the hedge fund industry, both in term of size and age, continued into 2014 with the proportion of hedge funds with less than $250 million assets under management (AUM) declining, while investor interest in medium and large hedge funds seems to be growing as these two groups now make up their largest share of the reporting industry to date, according to data provider eVestment.
Data shows the tendency for smaller funds to outperform has declined. By average annual returns, the
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- Banks grapple with social media risk