New Swiss regulations on asset managers have caused confusion among hedge funds, leading industry sources to suspect that some hedge fund distributers may be breaching them with little chance of punishment.
Large global alternative asset managers are thought to be familiar with the rules, introduced on March 1, but smaller managers from overseas are more likely to be marketing their funds to clients they are barred from contacting, it is understood.
The Swiss Parliament revised its Federal Act
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules