Big data analytics that can provide a competitive edge in trading and investment decisions are being broadly adopted by capital market firms in Japan, though they are still figuring out how to best unleash the technology's full potential, according to panellists at last week's Tokyo Financial Information and Trading Technology Summit.
“Perhaps the only way to find out [the potential of big data] is to develop metrics, define what your big data goals are and be ready to switch to new products and
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia