As soon as hedge funds were required to disclose their equity holdings to regulators, it seems inevitable that others would set up funds designed to ape these holdings.
But it is yet to be seen whether these hedge fund exchange-traded funds (ETFs) – and other funds that replicate hedge funds at a cheaper rate – will pose a threat to the fund of hedge funds (FoHF) community and pique the interests of institutional investors.
“If I were a fund of hedge funds, I would be very anxious right now,”
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules