Securities lending's internecine recent past has seen agent lenders consider bypassing prime brokers to offer stock direct to hedge funds, while investment banks have attempted to muscle in on the turf of agent lenders by going straight to beneficial owners. Ultimately, the status of market actors has reverted to type but post-crisis regulation - that has left banks struggling to plug funding requirements - has the potential to change the securities lending market forever.
Prime brokers from
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules