Wells Fargo expects to launch a self-cleared prime brokerage service for hedge fund clients before the end of the month – the latest step in the bank's attempts to develop its securities and investment banking franchise.
The acquisition of Merlin Securities in April 2012 gave the bank a foothold in the hedge fund world. As an introducing broker, Merlin provided smaller hedge funds with access to the clearing, custody and financing services of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan.
Since the acquisition,
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief