Hedge fund managers have given a lukewarm reception to the Jobs Act, which opens the door to more visible marketing and advertising of fund vehicles. Many alternative fund managers remain sceptical about the benefits of the act and have been slow to take advantage of the changed regulations.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) voted to adopt the Jobs Act rules on advertising private offerings last year. The vote to lift the longstanding ban on advertising and mass-marketing investments
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia