While European hedge fund launches were in the doldrums in 2013, the US market saw a healthy year-on-year growth of 10% with the majority (65%) opting for equity or equity-related strategies, according to a survey by US law firm Seward & Kissel.
This was not a “huge shift” compared with the last four to five years, according to Steve Nadel, partner and co-head of the firm’s investment management practice and lead author of New Hedge Fund Study. He thinks the popularity of equity strategies is s
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules