Hedge funds are benefiting from lower securities borrowing and financing rates as competition among prime brokers intensifies, according to David Geffen, founder of consultancy Geffen Advisors.
"For most hedge funds, it's an excellent time to hire a prime broker," says Geffen, who advises hedge funds on managing their prime brokerage relationships.
"There is a lot of competition and excess capacity. Currently, hedge funds have more transparency on securities borrowing pricing than ever before.
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules