Jason Mudrick established Mudrick Capital Management in 2009 with a firm belief that investing in companies with over-leveraged balance sheets can generate consistent returns through all stages of the business cycle. The prolonged credit rally is putting that theory to the test but Mudrick remains confident he can deliver attractive risk adjusted returns for investors despite the steep decline in default rates.
“Distressed debt is a notoriously cyclical strategy but we believe our approach of
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights