A performance-based rally has driven hedge fund industry assets to nearly $665bn, according to a recent study by Hedge Funds Research.
The $47bn second quarter increase in industry size included only $1.4bn in new assets, which showed the role of performance as a key factor in asset appreciation, according to HFR.
Directional trading and fixed income strategies benefited most from the market upturn.
'Most notable were the 18.2% increase in HFRI Equity Non-Hedge Index, the 13% rise in the HFRI
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?