Global funds are reporting disappointing returns post-11 September. Many macro and long/short equity funds with a worldwide investment brief have finished 2001 dazed and confused after a multitude of fruitless trades resulted in poor or flat performance. But generally they still have preserved capital better than mutual funds with a global remit.
Gartmore is one of the few which has been consistent. Martin Phipps, head of hedge funds at London-based Gartmore Investment Management, says his fund
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?