Accounting standards may seem a dry and technical topic but the significant differences in how the same instrument or asset can be valued depending on which accounting standards are followed was beginning to cause some concerns. Some recent developments have made it less confusing, although there are still significant challenges confronting those undertaking valuations and audits.
Both sets of accounting standards would benefit from the provision of more detailed guidance covering the definitions
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights