Buckle up for another rough ride. This year seems set to provide enough shocks and surprises to keep everyone close to panic or at least frenetic activity.
Political upheavals have started the year with a bang. The repercussions of regime change in Tunisia and expected revolution in Egypt have profound implications. People power, which toppled corrupt and heavy-handed states in Eastern Europe in 1989 and helped ignite democratic sparks ever since, seems to be growing in Arab nations.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia