It would be a rare situation to see a New York investor ask a Japanese hedge fund manager to run its US equity long/short portfolio, but the reverse is just the situation in Japan presently.
After 15 years of lacklustre investment performance and disappointment from some Japanese managers, the Japanese are increasingly looking for Western managers to run their Japanese equity and debt portfolios.
Although the opportunity to win allocations is there, it can be difficult to make contract with
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia