Vikram Mansharamani, author of Boombustology: Spotting Financial Bubbles Before They Burst and lecturer at Yale University
China today exhibits many of the tell-tale signs that telegraph the existence of a bubble. The investment boom that has been driving this bubble appears likely to slow and when it does the commodity markets are likely to be seriously affected. Pardon the pun, but I see five red flags typical of bubbles rising in China.
First, rising prices are generating increasing demand from
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines