The European government bond markets now clearly rank alongside the US government bond markets as an international safe haven for investment and a global source of liquidity.
It is not surprising that hedge funds are keen to be able to take positions in the marketplace as cheaply as possible to exploit any perceived opportunities, to benefit from anomalies in value.
Less price-sensitive investors, such as central banks and institutional investors, directly benefit from the liquidity that hedge
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia